There are a number of factors to consider when selecting block -
2. Face texture - standard is a precision finish, but split face, combed and textured are available.
3. Block color - grey is standard, but about 12 different tones are available.
4. Aggregate color - can be black and white or multi-color.
5. Block bond pattern - standard is running bond, stacked bond is possible and 1/2 and 1/3 block stagger is possible.
6. Mortar color - light grey is standard, but about twenty colors are available.
7. Mortar joint type - concave is standard, but raked, weathered and reveals are also possible.
If you use the cheapest block in the most mundane pattern,
this is what it looks like...
it is also possible to alternate texture and color on one wall -
these are generated from a downloadable program from Basalite Concrete Products